Last night Chrystie and I went to see the Sharks host the Dallas Stars. Not only did the Sharks breeze by the Stars, but we also got to witness several milestones:
- Nabokov’s brilliant netminding earned him his 50th career shutout, landing him at #21 all-time.
- The Sharks earned their 100th point of the season, making it four consecutive years they have done so.
- The Sharks clinched a spot in the playoffs for the sixth straight season.
- Dan Boyle scored his 400th and 401st career points.
- Jed Ortmeyer played in his 300th game.
- Rob Blake scored a goal, moving him into #18 all-time in points among defensemen
Something I’ve noticed at Sharks games that I hope I’m either mishearing or misunderstanding is during the singing of the national anthem, a member of the crowd will yell “Hey (opposing team)!”, in this case “Hey Dallas!”, then everyone around him will respond “You suck!”. That’s all well and good during the game, but why on earth do it during the national anthem? Have some class guys and show some respect for the anthem and those singing it.